Do you have managerial experience within the Care Industry?
We are on the lookout for a responsible individual to work within a team to supervise and grow an effective and efficient home care service covering both our Central London locations and our South West London Locations.
You will need to have experience supervising or monitoring a team as an aspect of your role is ensuring all Care Giver's are providing high-quality care across the board to all our clients.
What we offer our Field Care Supervisors:
- Premium hourly rates and additional mileage pay from £11.00 (£12.33 including holiday pay) to £11.70 (£13.11 including holiday pay) and 30p mileage
- Access to award winning training and ongoing professional development
- Career progression opportunities and room to grow
- An employer that really listens, values, and appreciates everything you do
- A role that offers something different every day and plenty of job satisfaction
- Recognition and rewards for hard work
- The opportunity to be part of a ‘family feel’ supportive team who put quality at the heart of everything they do
- To carry out unannounced spot checks and when a specific issue arises
- To participate in meeting with a selection of carers on a regular basis to carry out supervision.
- To report any concerns raised from spot checks or supervisions to the Registered Manager.
- To maintain up-to-date paperwork for all customers particularly care plans and risk assessments.
- To maintain accurate records of all communication with Care Workers and Clients.
- To ensure that information relating to service users provided to Care Workers is appropriately destroyed or returned to the office when no longer required/applicable.
- To participate in on-call duties as part of rota as required on any day of the year.
- To report any patterns of sickness/absence amongst Care Workers or to notify immediately, the Registered Manager and the Managing Director of any Care Worker resigning or signalling their intention to resign.
- To complete Care Giver Responsibilities when necessary.
- To record all comments, complaints and compliments and report to the Registered Manager as soon as they are received.
- Such other duties as appropriate to the grade and nature of the position may be reasonably delegated by Company Directors.
To be considered for this role, you will hold NVQ Level 2 or above or be willing to work towards it. You will have experience supervising and mentoring/developing staff members. In addition, you will hold a Full UK License with access to a car, preferably living within the South West London area.
We pride ourselves on delivering only the best quality service to all our clients. We invest heavily in your training, promote a strong teamwork ethic, and make sure that you have the support and resources you need to reach your potential. Whether you are already experienced or looking for progression, this could be the opportunity for you.