Are you looking to join a team that really values and appreciates their workforce?
Are you looking for an opportunity to grow and develop in a high-quality homecare business?
Right at Home Chippenham are an award-winning provider of premium quality care. We are looking for an experienced Care Coordinator to join our growing team.
- Competitive salary of £24,000 per annum, plus bonuses
- Award winning training with access to online and in-person training courses
- Ongoing support with your work-life balance being a priority
- Opportunity to learn from other Care Coordinators across our network
- Be part of a really passionate team of care professionals
- Progression opportunities through our extensive career pathway into junior & senior management, with a growing company, committed to the highest level of care
As a Senior Care Coordinator for Right at Home Chippenham you will play an integral part in managing the daily communications, compliance levels and care scheduling of our service. You must be extremely personable as you will be working with the entire team to make sure all our valued Clients needs are met. This role is extremely fast paced and requires someone truly dedicated and able to remain positive and professional when working under pressure. We cover a wide area of Wiltshire, including Calne, Chippenham, Melksham, and Malmesbury, therefore local area knowledge is desirable. You will work closely with our Registered Care Manager and gain invaluable knowledge which will put you on the pathway to progress into a managerial role in the future.
Main duties and responsibilities: To be accountable to the Registered Manager for the smooth running of day-to-day Client and Care Assistant communication
- Ensure outstanding compliance across the business and to support the business in achieving a minimum of Good CQC rating
- Coordinate a team of Senior Care Assistants and Supervisors to complete Care Assistant supervisions, ensuring that observations and supervisions are completed in line with company procedures
- To ensure the scheduling is carried out efficiently enabling the Care Assistants to spend the allocated care time with each Client and to allow for travel time
- Ensure consistent application of company policies, procedures, and approved practice; and to promote the aims of the business. Including being up to date with your own training and CPD records
- To answer the telephone promptly and professionally, dealing with any enquiries or queries
- Ensure enquiries are recorded promptly and accurately with sufficient details
- Ensure any changes to Client or Care Assistant needs and availability, is communicated to all relevant parties quickly and effectively. Ensure all changes are recorded in the appropriate places.
- Ensure complaints and Care Assistant feedback and enquiries are logged promptly and accurately using the correct procedure.
- Ensure the provision of high-quality care services to vulnerable people living in their own home
- Work closely with management to highlight recruitment needs to allow for consistent, safe delivery of care
- Support the safe recruitment of new Care Assistants by carrying out interviews and inducting new staff members
- Effectively manage Care Assistant expectations by maintaining clear lines of communication at all times and building a strong and positive working relationship.
- To record all new Care Assistants and Clients on the system as soon as they are received
- Report weekly on recruitment needs, gaps in rotas, risks, Care Assistant availability and concerns to Registered Manager and Business Owner
- To identify and match the most suitable Care Assistants for each package
- To produce consistent, fortnightly rosters and provide Care Assistant and Clients with rotas in a timely manner
- Accurately monitor and record Care Assistant holiday, sickness and absences.
- Support with the On Call function, to ensure your team feel supported
Qualifications and Experience:
- Experience in a customer service setting, building up relationships – Essential
- Use of a scheduling / HR / recording system – Desirable
- Relevant qualification, such as Business Studies or Social Care – Desirable
- Previous Domiciliary Care experience – Desirable
Skills and Attributes:
- Has the desire to make a real difference and greatly improve an already well-established business
- Excellent customer service, communication and interpersonal skills
- Good computer skills including proficient use of MS Office, the ability to produce reports and good computer systems knowledge
- Self-motivated and flexible, with a willingness to participate in an on-call system for out of office hours
- Extremely well organised, excellent planning and prioritising ability with high attention to detail
- Ability to establish and maintain effective professional working relationships
- Strong administration skills and ability to manage multiple work loads
If you have experience as a Care Coordinator, Care Scheduler, Care Administrator or Field Care Supervisor we would love to hear from you. However, if you do not have experience, we provide full training and encourage candidates from all sectors to apply, for example: retail management, hospitality staffing or, airline scheduling. This could be your new career, with the full support and training. Anything is possible if you put your head and heart into it.
Must hold a full and valid UK or EU/EEA driving license and have access to own vehicle.
Right at Home is an equal opportunities employer and we are determined to ensure that no job applicant receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of personal or protected characteristics