Right at Home is a care agency based in Epsom rated Outstanding by the Care Quality Commission, delivering award-winning care to the residents of Sutton, Banstead and Epsom. We are seeking a new member of staff who is experienced in supporting people living with dementia and has operated in a service-delivery environment to lead and deliver an innovative Dementia Support Programme. The service supports people in the early or moderate stages of dementia to live independently and safely at home for as long as possible, stay socially engaged and carry on doing what they love.
If you currently or have previously worked for the Alzheimer’s Society, as an Admiral Nurse, at a local memory clinic or as a Community Mental Health Nurse within geriatric care, we think that you would love this role and we’d really like to hear from you. This is a very unique opportunity for you to grow and develop your very own department at Right at Home. You will join us at a point where we are consolidating the work to date and establishing the launch phase of the project.
If you would like to help us to develop the Dementia Support Programme, then we would like to hear from you. In return for your commitment, we offer:
- A full induction into your role along with award winning training
- A competitive salary plus a very generous bonus structure
- Company sick pay scheme
- Contributory pension scheme
- Clear career progression opportunities
- The opportunity to take ownership and develop a new department alongside the MD
The successful candidate will:
- Offer a holistic and person-centred assessment for people living with mild cognitive impairment or dementia to ensure meaningful interventions.
- Already have referral contacts within local hospitals, mental health teams and/or with age-related charities.
- Proactively build and manage a case load of clients, providing practical and emotional support to the most isolated and vulnerable in our community.
- Provide information, advice and support to carers family/friends to disseminate knowledge and best practice so that individuals living with cognitive impairment in relation to dementia or undiagnosed dementia have the best care possible.
- Mentor, train and eventually line-manage colleagues who will offer support to clients
- Maintain accurate and appropriate records.
Salary: Up to £28k pro-rata (DOE), plus a generous performance related bonus
Hours: 21 hours a week (negotiable to move to full time)
As part of the application process please submit an updated CV and covering letter, demonstrating how you meet the shortlisting criteria in the Person Specification. We can’t wait to hear from you.